Friday, June 15, 2012

Procrastination at its finest


As exams have been approaching over the past few weeks, like any uni other student, studying has become somewhat of a priority. However, with study, comes procrastination. Often music is my greatest distraction and this semester was no different. Although, rifling through YouTube to find new music and after recommendations from friends, I did find two amazing young artists. I can’t help but continue to listen to their music and covers of popular hits. Their take on the songs and their creativity is incredible.  

The first artist is UK singer-songwriter Ben Howard who, as I discovered, has an album and a YouTube VEVO channel. The BBC Radio YouTube channel has a recording of Howard performing Carly Rae Jepsen’s current hit ‘Call Me Maybe’. The cover is an acoustic version of the song and showcases the incredible way that songs can be interpreted by different artists. Check it out:


 Ben Howard
Another artist which I found has an entire channel of amazing covers and already has a supportive band of followers. Noah an 18 year old singer-songwriter from North Carolina, has 55 videos on his channel, many of which are creative covers of hit songs. Possibly his most popular cover is his version of LMFAO’s Sexy and I Know It.


 Noah 

No comments:

Post a Comment